Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ask and you shall receive...eventually

Mid-week Update

So in a previous post I talked about our plan to ask the principal if we could go to Loy Krathong. Well, finally after numerous attempts to speak with this seemingly elusive man we found him. Kru Rin and I went to his office yesterday and by some huge stroke of luck he was there. And by another stroke of luck, he said yes to our proposition. I thanked him repeatedly as we left and grinned ear to ear. :]

On top of that, the electrician FINALLY came to our apartment. We got a wall fan, a new shower and new lights. I never thought I would be this excited about a shower (those of you who know me even in the slightest bit know how much I detest showering), but when I'm hot and sticky all day long showering is awesome. And having a brand new one (that actually gets hot) and not having to go upstairs to the dirty, gecko infested one is even better. We still don't have a sink, but that was the least of our worries. We need screens over the doors and over the vents in the bathroom still, but the amount of bugs/geckos is still slim to none....so far.

In other (good) news, we thought we were going to have to attend a mandatory conference this weekend, but apparently it got moved or changed to an unspecified date. Hooray! We're trying to plan something special this weekend being that it is my birthday, but so far we aren't sure what were doing. We were invited to a Thanksgiving feast with our friends in Nan on Friday, so we'll probably go to that instead of trying to make one ourselves.

So far it's been a great week full of great news. We are hoping that it continues that way. We also hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!! :]]]


No comments:

Post a Comment